Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Act 3, Scene 1

Well.  We've made new friends already.

Why does it seem like every time we go somewhere new, and meet new demi/full on gods, they have to be stuffed up assholes?  Seriously.  And then, when they are that way, it's my fault for treating them like they're assholes.  It's...mrgh.  I know I have a temper.  I know my reflexes tell me to kick anyone in the teeth if they're being twats.  I just need to sharpen that edge a bit.  I know I can't really go on with my first reflex in any situation being to be a snarky little jackass.

But, Rome.  We're not going to be here long.  Made a deal with the man in charge not to stuff this place into my plans.  Makes sense.  There's enough history here, divine and mortal, that I have no great desire to wreck up the joint.  I'm not sure where we're going to set up, but I imagine it'll be somewhere just as close to Olympus itself.  In a way, it makes sense.  We can set up ways for our Pesedjet allies to get in, all I have to do is blow the horn Hel gave me and the million-strong Aesir army springs up.  And a small band will have a much easier time staying under the radar.  Thuringia is a possibility, but I'd rather not put Kenny's folk on the spot if I don't have to.  I'll see what everyone else can come up with.

Speaking of - it seems Hera pulled Kenny aside after our jump through the warp pipe.  Something about our intentions for Olympus and history between Hera and Kennedy's half of the family.  And Rufus...damnit.  I can hope he'll slowly learn to lean back towards his old self.  But I don't know.  Damnit.  I really should've known better, the old boy's like that because of my fuck up.  And while logic might dictate Kennedy and him saying they knew the risks, that doesn't make it easier.  It's different when the ones that get hurt aren't the faceless masses.

Which just makes me think.  I've no problem with throwing this massed army of Aesir and Pesedjet at Olympus if I have to.  And while I wouldn't want to waste them...it'd be harder to mourn.  I don't know them, not in the slighest.  I guess it might be a blessing the High Court hasn't sent aid yet.  I'm sure it'd be harder throwing Tuatha-born at the front lines.

Is this really going to be my test, Fate?  Make sure I can wear some stupid bloody crown and not break by dropping me into a situation like this?  Is there a point, or are you just doing this for kicks?

No comments:

Post a Comment