Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chalk up another one for the good guys

Looks like we won this round, too.

And at least we're out of Duat.  Hopefully the next trip through an underworld is many, many centuries off.  We had finally reached the scales of Ma'at.  Judgement time, yay?  What happened with the others is theirs to tell, or not, as they please.  No need to rat on them for it.  Myself, though?  Got dropped into the waters up to chest level.  On the bad side, I'm probably glad I don't have Andrew or Kennedy's perceptions into the machinations of Fate.  On the good side...I think I amused Ma'at.  Something about being defiant to the end, regardless.  I can't say that having amused a goddess is a bad thing in most cases.  And she let me go.  So who am I to complain?  Of course....dad actually spoke up for me too.  He reminded her that even 'tricksters and rebels' have their place.  And then he made a pass at her.  Seriously.  I wish that was a joke.  That man is impossible.

That's when Anubis made his appearance.  He addressed us all as one, then me specifically.  The Pesedjet have pledged their support in the push for Olympus when the time comes.  Not a bad lookin' army so far.  A million dead Aesir and the Pesedjet.  I'd like to be sure the Tuatha would be there as well beyond myself and Kennedy.  And I would have loved to be able to bring the eastern pantheons in.  But I suspect the Bureaucracy would have simply laughed, and I doubt that the Amatsukami would even have deigned to acknowledge some whelp from the west.  We're going to need them after, so maybe finally drop-kicking Zeus to the curb will get us some notice.

There were...other events, but they also aren't for me to go into.  As things stand now...I need to find a way to discuss things with Hera.  She's the obvious choice for what I intend to do.  I also need to find a way to get ahold of Athena.  Anubis said he was bringing us to Rome.  Quite a bit closer than I imagined, but given everything, it should leave Goras out of the picture, which is how I wanted him in the first place.  I'd like to arrange the same thing for Athena.  It'd be great to have her on our side, but I don't expect it.  All I seek now is to convince her not to fight for Zeus.  Stepping aside would probably be best anyway.  If the plan for Hera falls through, Athena is the next candidate I'd put on the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment