Friday, February 3, 2012

Ding! Grats!

Well...Ding.

We came home from Avalon with that power boost.  While the others were off tending their own business before the ceremony we had been invited to, I stayed at Pops' place.  The rifle was shot, but I was able to modify it into a neat little pistol.  Should pack more of a punch then anything else I could easily get my hands on short of a vehicle-mounted M2 or a tank cannon or something.  I was able to talk to Brigid, too.  Nice lass, I think I'm going to get along with her real well.  We had a nice chat, and she did...something to the pieces of the pistol while I was working on them with her.  Found out among other things I can just call the weapon to my hand regardless of where it happens to be.  No more leaving it behind in goddamn Germany.

Oh, right.  Had a little chat with Lugh, too.  He was happy as a clam about how I won him that bet with Pops.  I think he zapped that gadget I picked up in Alaska.  I'm not exactly sure how yet, but I'll figure it out when the time comes.  There's...an awful lot of that sort of thing in this line of work.  Flying half-blind all the time is not exactly pleasant, but...fate tends to be a special bitch to people who try to buck that trend.  And I've got enough issues with that.

The ritual was....well, what it was.  I don't particularly feel like going into it.  Just one of those things.

Got told we had a few months after that before we'd -have- to do anything.  So me and Cindy went on a little tour/vacation/series of dates that didn't involve violence.  It's a nice change of pace from our usual nights on the town, hopefully we can keep that up.  Spent some time trying to help rebuild MIST.  I spent most of my time helping get the armory back in order and up to function.  Might as well make it my personal playground while I have the chance, eh?  Also dragged her out to a few places in the Caribbean and the States.  Banked on our newfound celebrity status in the divine circles a few times, too.  Now -that- is strange, finding out you're a household name.

Met Cin's family, too.  I think I'm going to get along with them, too.  Indigo seems to approve of my tinkering...and I think Kyria will too, if I can build her a heavy enough set of weights or some other way to test her strength.  I guess Cin gets her single minded side from her.  I guess, otherwise, things were pretty quiet.  Haven't had time to relax since this 'Hey, you're the kid of a god' business kicked off, and I get the feeling the times are going to be few and far between.  Enjoy it while you can, and all that.

We all apperantly got invitations as the hot new demigods in town to some wedding between a couple of Greek children.  The big names are going to be there from the pantheon...oh, meeting Ares is going to be awkward.  At least the chance to talk to Arty should come up.  Last thing from Avalon to settle, really.

Well, we're at the party.  Guess I should pay attention instead of mentally blogging.  Which is pretty cool, now nobody's going to yell at me for blogging during a mission when they don't know I'm doing it.  Chumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment